Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Curse of the Outdated Travel Information

I don't know about you but when I need information, sometimes it can be a pain to find the the most up to date information. This is particularly true for things revolving around travel as programs, points, prices, and availability are all in a state of random flux and something could be announced or changed with or without announcement. The particularly frustrating part that I find is when I'm doing research about how a particular airline or hotel program works and the information that I find is completely outdated. This means that I have to sort through hundreds of forum posts, read through dozens of updated terms and conditions, and generally spend more time of my life going through program changes and updates than I would actually like.

I don't fault the authors or bloggers of anything, I just find it particular difficult and annoying as an end user to not have easy to understand information at my fingertips. Chalk it up to first world problems or you must be a millennial but in today's day and age it should be easier than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment